About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Mark 15:1-5

Recently I have read about Jesus' trials several times. I am repeatedly struck by the fact that the only charges to which Jesus responded were charges about whether He was the Messiah or the king of the Jews (pretty much the same thing). When questioned about this, Jesus responds affirmatively every time.  Otherwise, Jesus keeps quiet.

 

Apparently, this is the one question that matters. Is Jesus the king of the Jews, predicted by the prophets? Or not? Jesus says that He is. Jesus died claiming to be the Messiah. His disciples later died telling people that Jesus was still the Messiah, that death had not been victorious over Him.

 

If He is the Messiah, then all humanity can be restored through Him, and the entire world order will one day be subject to Him. If not, then we need not worry about following Him any more than some other ethically-positive teacher. But if He is the Messiah... He is worth following! He is worthy of my service, my love, the strength of my life!

 

If you're reading this and you're uncertain about Christianity, this is the one question for which you should find an answer: Is Jesus the Messiah or not? Figure that one out and everything else will follow from your answer.

 

No comments: