About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Monday, October 1, 2007

Emma

I don’t know exactly what I want to say here, but I love Emma so much! She’s almost two, and she’s getting more two-ish day by day. She likes the word “no” a bit more than I would want her to like it. She screams sometimes to get our attention, rather than talking. But she’s got so many good points.

 

Last night, we took her to visit some friends of ours. She was having a hard time playing well with their kids, mainly because she was very hungry, so I took her to buy some crackers. And she ate a lot of them. She started sharing them with everyone. She offered them to the other kids. She offered them to our friends. I think she even offered them to Michael, though we obviously couldn’t let her continue that for very long. When she’s not hungry, though, she loves sharing. It’s a beautiful sight.

 

Josh (our friend) had a harmonica, and he was playing it. Emma LOVED what he was doing. She danced as he played, and squealed with delight. She made the music so much better just because of how much she enjoyed it. Josh played longer just because it made him so happy to see her so happy. Having a daughter like Emma is so nice.

 

We kept her up late while we were there, not leaving until 10:30. But she stayed contented and sweet all the way to the end (95% of the time, I would say). How often does that happen with a kid so young?

 

No comments: