About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Two Eternities-Dead and Alive

Christ is coming back. He’s already back from the dead. He’s alive, and He’s risen into heaven to sit at His Father’s right hand. But He’s coming back to earth again, this time to do away with the old heavens and earth and install a new heavens and a new earth. And the people who inhabit it will joyfully live with God forever.

 

“As the new heavens and the new earth that I make will endure before me,” declares the LORD, “so will your name and descendants endure. From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come and bow down before me,” says the LORD. – Isaiah 66:22-23

 

I’m looking forward to that day. But it won’t be so glorious for everyone.

 

“And they will go out and look upon the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; their worm will not die, nor will their fire be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind.” – Isaiah 66:24

 

An eternal death is coming for those who refuse to admit that God is King—for those who refuse to submit to Him and beg for His mercy and forgiveness, for those who refuse to obey His commands. The death of the wicked will one day be additional evidence that God is God, that He is King, that those who oppose Him will not seem forever in control.

 

Father, be glorified, whether by the living or the dead. May every person in the world demonstrate that You are God. And may as many as possible do so with eternal life.

 

No comments: