About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Great Expectations

Jeremiah 44:24-47:7; Psalm 94; Proverbs 26:6-8

 

We have such high expectations for ourselves. And if they aren’t met, we often accuse others of not caring for us adequately. We even try to suggest that God is falling short if His grace doesn’t meet our wishes. Jeremiah’s scribe Baruch heard a message from God about that very thing:

 

The LORD said, "Say this to him: `This is what the LORD says: I will overthrow what I have built and uproot what I have planted, throughout the land. Should you then seek great things for yourself? Seek them not. For I will bring disaster on all people, declares the LORD, but wherever you go I will let you escape with your life.' " – Jeremiah 45:4-5

 

Can you imagine hearing that from God? Essentially, “Stop complaining. You’re alive. That should be enough for you.”

 

Is life enough for you? Do you praise God simply for letting you live?

 

Father, may we recognize Your blessings to us and praise You for Your goodness. May we not accuse You of falling short in Your blessings simply because You do not give us all we would like to have.

 

No comments: