About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Friday, October 23, 2009

Devotions. A Daily Habit

Jeremiah 33-34; Psalm 89:1-13; Proverbs 25:23-24

 

If there’s anyone who was relying on my blog/journal to help sustain your own daily devotions, I apologize for my lack of consistency. I wasn’t perfectly consistent before, but now that I’m a pastor I feel like time is constantly slipping right through my fingers, and I barely have time for my own personal time with God before I’m trying to either care for my family’s needs or get out the door to help Swanton Alliance Church hear from God. I praise God that He’s allowed me to stay pretty consistent in having time with Him—I’m praying more than ever before (and would love it if you would pray for me and for this community!).

 

But I want to take a moment to encourage those of you who regularly/sometimes/once-in-a-blue-moon read my thoughts: Stay in touch with Jesus. Every day, if you can. As often as possible.

 

And I’m going to make a commitment to you, a commitment that I pray that Jesus will strengthen me to fulfill. Each day, whether I have time to comment on the Scriptures or not, I will try to email and blog a set of Scriptures to you. Just as a reminder that you need to be in touch with Jesus yourself. Just as a suggestion of which Scriptures you might want to read, if you don’t have your own devotional plan. Just as a confession that it is more important for you to read the Holy Spirit’s thoughts than for you to read my thoughts about His thoughts.

 

You need daily time with Him, whether I encourage you along the way or not. I pray that He gives me the strength and time both to be more consistent in pointing others to His Word and in writing my impressions—but what matters is that we listen directly to Him and obey.

 

Grace and peace are ours through Jesus Christ alone! Listen to Him!

 

No comments: