About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

"You Shall Have No Other Gods Before Me"-Exodus 19:16-21:21; Psalm 28; Proverbs 7:1-5

I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. You shall have no other gods before me. – Exodus 20:2-3

 

When God commits Himself to us, we can do nothing less than commit ourselves to Him. Anything less is not only idolatry; it’s an insult.

 

Father, I am Yours. May those who do not yet realize what You have done for them hear and believe that Your Son Jesus Christ became one of us, died on a cross for our sins, rose from the dead to lead us out of sin and death, and is now at Your right hand preparing a home for us. May we all be set free from our slavery to sin and death and, once free, may we gratefully follow only You! “As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.” – Joshua 24:15

 

No comments: