About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Foolishness. It's destructive.

This morning I finished breakfast before Emma and Michael, my children. Christy had already left the table, and I needed to start cleaning the kitchen, getting the kids' vitamins ready, and preparing for their after-breakfast activities. So I got up and went into the kitchen, only two steps around the corner from our table and our kids.

I wasn't in the kitchen long. But when I came back, I decided my time would have been better spent doing nothing but sitting at the table.

Milk was everywhere. On the table. On the chairs. On the floor. Everywhere. The kids were swimming in it.

Now I like my kids. But kids aren't known for their wisdom. They had decided in their childishness (they are children, after all) that the milk contained in their sippy cups would be better used for playing than for drinking. So they had turned their cups over and had shaken them up and down to encourage the milk to drip out. Then they had spread the milk, splashing their hands in it and swiping their hands through it.

The results were lovely, to say the least. They had fun, but their foolishness destroyed the milk, destroyed their freedom (time out was in order for a little while), and destroyed my efforts to save time by getting work done while they ate.

"Whoever fails to find [wisdom] harms himself." - Prov. 8:36. Perhaps I should have just stayed at the table.

No comments: