About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Accepted. Leviticus 9:7-10:20; Psalm 37:30-40; Proverbs 10:6-7

Moses and Aaron then went into the Tent of Meeting. When they came out, they blessed the people; and the glory of the LORD appeared to all the people. Fire came out from the presence of the LORD and consumed the burnt offering and the fat portions on the altar. And when all the people saw it, they shouted for joy and fell facedown. – Leviticus 9:23-24

 

Have you ever offended or hurt someone? Have you ever tried to ask for forgiveness when they were still offended, still hurting? Perhaps they were still angry? You really want a good relationship again, but you know they would be totally in the right to keep rejecting you. You really deserve their anger. But you ask for forgiveness anyway. You know that awkward pause that comes in times like these? It feels like forever, though it may be less than a second. And all you’re waiting to find out is whether the other person will accept you or reject you?

 

The Israelites’ leaders, Aaron and his sons, had just offered God the prescribed sacrifices. They had confessed their sins to God, and they had offered the sacrifices to ask for forgiveness.

 

But then there was a bit of a wait. Moses and Aaron went into the Tent of Meeting.

 

God’s response did not come until after they came out. They came out and blessed the people. And then God displayed His glory to all the Israelites! And fire came out from His presence! It burned up the burnt offering and the fat portions (from the sin offering) on the altar! The sacrifices were accepted!

 

And when all the people saw it, they shouted for joy and fell facedown.

 

I wish I saw more of this joy among believers and even in my own heart and life. Sometimes I think I’m not fully aware of the wonderful grace of God: He has accepted me! He has forgiven me! He has forgiven us! Come on, people of God! Let’s shout for joy! Let’s respond to our God’s grace toward us! Let’s fall down on our faces before Him in happy worship! He is so kind! So gracious! So forgiving and loving!

 

Father, thank You for Your grace toward people, toward Your church, toward me! May I be full of joy each day just because You have accepted me.

 

No comments: