About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Monday, February 23, 2009

Deadly Privilege, Deadly Responsibility. of Life - Leviticus 7:28-9:6; Psalm 37:12-29; Proverbs 10:5

What has been done today was commanded by the LORD to make atonement for you. You must stay at the entrance to the Tent of Meeting day and night for seven days and do what the LORD requires, so you will not die; for that is what I have been commanded." So Aaron and his sons did everything the LORD commanded through Moses. – Leviticus 8:34-36

 

Serving the Lord is a deadly privilege. It is a deadly responsibility. Which is ironic, since the goal of serving the Lord is to give people life.

 

When Aaron and his sons were consecrated, the event was deadly serious, though. Moses made sacrifices and put the blood of the sacrifices on Aaron and his sons to make atonement for them. Those who serve the Lord and His people must be people who have been forgiven for their sins, or they themselves will die.

 

When Aaron and his sons were consecrated, they had to stay at the entrance to the Tent of Meeting day and night for seven days and obey the LORD’s requirements. Disobedience to the LORD would bring death. Those who serve the Lord and His people must be obedient servants, or they themselves will die.

 

God wants to give life. But life is found only in His forgiveness. Life is found only in His ways. To make light of His forgiveness or to stray from His commands and ways is death. Those who want to lead people to life must understand the deadly consequences of straying from the LORD.

 

Father, help me not to make light of my relationship with You. Help me to take You seriously. Life is only found in You; help me to forsake everything else. Thank You for Jesus Christ, my atoning sacrifice through whom You have forgiven me. Thank You for Your Holy Spirit, guiding me in Your commands and ways. I need You in every way. May others find life through me as they find You through me. And may any ministry I offer show them Your forgiveness and Your ways clearly.

 

No comments: