About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Why the Link at the Bottom?

Yesterday is an example of why the last comment in every email and every blog post is, “To review the Bible reading plan options, please visit http://tinyurl.com/yj2o7jz.” Some days, even if I manage to read at home, I have a hard time posting even the daily readings to my blog. My commitment is to post every day, but sometimes I fail. When that happens, I don’t want you to be left without knowing what to read. I link to a chart with the daily readings in the blog post you’ll arrive at if you click the link. Just in case you want to save it somewhere, I’m also linking to the chart here.

You might wonder, “If I have the chart, why bother keeping up with Matt’s devotional?” Obviously, you don’t have to. On the other hand, following a chart by yourself is a very different thing from reading the Scriptures with friends. And while we can’t be together in person, we can in spirit. I hope it provides you with a sense of personal encouragement from a friend to keep reading. I hope it also provides you with fresh thoughts and interactions with the Bible. I know that your participation has helped me. I feel personally encouraged to keep reading because I know that others are learning with me. Also, your reading gives me a sense of accountability, just as I hope my writing gives you. Some days, knowing that others are reading the Scriptures with me is my greatest motivation to keep going. I need you, and I really appreciate that you’ve been following the Scriptures with me.

But I don’t want you to be clueless about what to read when I forget to post anything. Which is why I want to make sure you have access to the daily readings through the links above. But just so you know for sure, yesterday’s reading was:

ALL – Psalm 21:1-13
ALL – Proverbs 5:1-6
OT – Genesis 50:1-Exodus 2:10
NT – Matthew 16:13-17:9

Keep up the GOOD work of listening to Jesus with me!

To review the Bible reading plan options, please visit http://tinyurl.com/yj2o7jz.


No comments: