About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Wanting Jesus to Fit Our Box

ALL – Psalm 14:1-7
ALL – Proverbs 3:19-20
OT – Genesis 32:13-34:31
NT – Matthew 11:7-30

What shall I say about this nation? These people are like children playing, who say to their little friends, “We played wedding and you weren’t happy, so we played funeral but you weren’t sad.” – Matthew 11:16-17, The Living Bible

That’s what we’re like. We're childish. We want Jesus to do as we do. But Jesus sets the pace. We’re supposed to do as He does. We join Him; Jesus leads us. Not the other way around.

Where does Jesus not seem to be the way you might want, and what effect would it have on your life if you conformed to Him?

To review the Bible reading plan options, please visit http://tinyurl.com/yj2o7jz.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Not only that, but we want Jesus to foot the bill and answer to God on our behalf, so that we can continue to live as we so choose. If I conformed to Him then I might just return to the man I used to be when I first got saved. I miss that guy. Why am I so stubborn?