About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Friday, August 6, 2010

Thinking God’s Thoughts … For Sure

ALL – Psalm 28:1-9
ALL – Proverbs 20:24-25
OT – Ezra 3:1-4:24
NT – 1 Corinthians 2:6-3:4

Interesting passage for the day: But, strange as it seems, we Christians actually do have within us a portion of the very thoughts and mind of Christ. – 1 Corinthians 2:16b, The Living Bible

Thought: Have you ever wondered what’s on God’s mind? I have a hard enough time figuring out what’s on my wife’s mind, and she’s human! You’d think I could understand her thoughts easily enough … but not so. But knowing the mind of God—how incredible would that be?

Now, for the astonishing revelation: Paul says that Christians have the mind of Christ! Perhaps not the mind of Christ in ALL of its infinitude and knowledge and majestic intelligence, but we have the mind of Christ to a not-insignificant degree. In fact, part of the Holy Spirit’s ministry as He lives in us is to reveal to us the thoughts of God! We know what the Creator and Overseer of our souls thinks! We know the life and heartbeat of God’s intentions and desires for us!

If we know God’s thoughts, then we know reality. And if we know reality, we can live in it.

Question: As a follower of Jesus, is there anything you’re “supposed to believe” that you aren’t sure about? As you look at the Scriptures and listen to the Holy Spirit’s promptings (which will agree with one another), are you ready to live in the reality that God teaches? What will that look like for you?

To review the Bible reading plan options, please visit http://tinyurl.com/yj2o7jz.



No comments: