About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Friday, August 27, 2010

Loving, Painful Words

ALL – Psalm 41:1-13
ALL – Proverbs 22:5-6
OT – Job 23:1-27:23
NT – 2 Cor 1:12-2:8

Interesting passage for the day: Oh, how I hated to write that letter! It almost broke my heart and I tell you honestly that I cried over it. I didn’t want to hurt you, but I had to show you how very much I loved you and cared about what was happening to you. – 2 Corinthians 2:4, The Living Bible

Thought: It takes a lot of courage to tell friends the truth sometimes. It takes courage, not because you think the relationship won’t survive the confrontation, not because you think your friend won’t survive the critique, but because it hurts to hurt friends.

Question: Do you love anyone enough that it would be painful for you to confront something wrong with their lives? How do you work up the courage to confront when necessary?

To review the Bible reading plan options, please visit http://tinyurl.com/yj2o7jz.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Matt this is great. Thanks for the blog. This is so relevant to us right now.

three-quarter tank said...

Praise God that He used it to encourage you. I pray that the relevant situation you're going through goes well.