About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Family that ... Together

ALL – Psalm 36:1-12
ALL – Proverbs 21:21-22
OT – Esther 4:1-7:10
NT – 1 Corinthians 12:1-26

Interesting passage for the day: If one part suffers, all parts suffer with it, and if one part is honored, all the parts are glad. – 1 Corinthians 12:26, The Living Bible

Thought: Have you ever tried to send just a part of your body to play a game or do a job?

“Hey, feet, go play soccer for me.”

“I don’t want to stay up late tonight. Hands, do you mind just typing out this paper for me?”

We don’t say, “My feet played soccer today,” or, “My hands were on the computer all day.” We say, “I played soccer,” and, “I was on the computer.” Why? Because if one part of our body is involved, we ourselves are involved. Our entire body shares life’s experiences, even if different limbs get used more than others. When I’m typing at the computer, it means my fingers are working wildly. But it also means that my feet are resting, my back and stomach are working to keep me sitting upright, my heart and lungs are working to keep me alive, my eyes are watching the computer screen, and my brain is directing my thoughts through the whole process.

Christ’s church is Christ’s body. We are one. We share life. One life. Jesus Christ’s life. If one of us gets a promotion at work, we are all happy. If one of us falls into sin, it shames and hurts all of us. If one of us introduces a friend to Jesus, all of us share in the celebration and all of us feel like we’ve succeeded in making progress towards fulfilling Christ’s Great Commission. You can pretend to be a loner Christian, but the truth is that you’re a part of a community—like it or not. And even your attempts to disassociate yourself from the church affect the rest of God’s people. You’re simply that connected because of Jesus Christ.

Question: Since Jesus has joined all us believers together, what could you do to make our experience as a family, community and body the best possible experience on earth?

To review the Bible reading plan options, please visit http://tinyurl.com/yj2o7jz.



No comments: