About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Friday, February 5, 2010

Maybe Morning, Maybe Noon…

ALL – Psalm 30:1-12
ALL – Proverbs 7:24-27
OT – Exodus 23:14-25:40
NT – Matthew 24:29-51

Have you ever watched the road expectantly, waiting for a special relative or friend to come? I remember once, when I was in the second grade and attending boarding school, that I was looking forward to a visit from my mom. For some reason, I thought she was coming on Monday. My little eyes couldn’t stop watching the road that day, waiting for her to step out of a car and into my arms. I didn’t know when she would arrive, but I expected to see her sometime that day.

She didn’t come.

To make a long story short, she didn’t come until Wednesday (which had been the plan all along, but I had for some reason misunderstood). My heart was still hoping she would get there soon. I was still looking for her. So when I stepped out of my dorm for breakfast and she greeted me on the path, you can imagine what a happy second grade boy I was at that moment, wrapped in my mother’s joyful hug!

As Christians, we’re expecting a visit. We’re looking forward to seeing Jesus. And even though we know He’s coming, we don’t know exactly when. Jesus described what it would be like this way:

The world will be at ease—banquets and parties and weddings—just as it was in Noah’s time before the sudden coming of the flood; people wouldn’t believe what was going to happen until the flood actually arrived and took them all away. So shall my coming be. – Matthew 24:37-39, The Living Bible

Let’s keep our eyes on the skies as we go about the daily work our King has given us to do. Let’s be faithful, ready for our King!

How do you make sure to keep your focus on Jesus’ return?

To review the Bible reading plan options, please visit http://tinyurl.com/yj2o7jz.



No comments: