About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I’ll Pray Later

ALL – Psalm 35:17-28
ALL – Proverbs 9:13-18
OT – Leviticus 1:1-3:17
NT – Mark 1:29-2:12

Since being appointed as pastor, I have been made more aware than ever before that any spiritual accomplishment is possible only by God’s grace. Even when everything is going well, I am completely overwhelmed and need God’s help and guidance and strength daily.

And yet, just like many others, I sometimes struggle to “find time” for prayer. I’m more aware of my need for time to give my Father my burdens than ever, and yet distractions and pressing deadlines still sometimes manage to convince me to “pray later.”

Jesus did not lack for pressures. And yet Jesus spent time with His Father. After a day full of ministry, healing the sick and casting out demons:

The next morning he was up long before daybreak and went out alone into the wilderness to pray. – Mark 1:35, The Living Bible

I’m not saying that everyone needs to get up long before daybreak. But seriously, we need time to pray to our God. Find some time in each day. Cherish it. And pour your heart out to God.

What do you need to put in God’s hands today?

To review the Bible reading plan options, please visit http://tinyurl.com/yj2o7jz.

No comments: