About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Child, You’re Welcome In This House

ALL – Psalm 44:1-8
ALL – Proverbs 10:19
OT – Leviticus 22:17-23:44
NT – Mark 9:30-10:12

If you’re a mom or dad and don’t believe that children are disruptive, you need to start helping your spouse take care of your kids! Or else you need to reclaim your kids from the daycare center. Children are cute, but they definitely cut down on productivity—at least, on what most people consider to be productive.

Jesus says something about children. We usually read it to our Sunday school and children’s church workers, or perhaps at Christian teachers’ conferences. We almost never think about reading it to parents. But you, moms and dads, are probably the first people who ought to hear Jesus’ words, the first people who find applying them to be a challenge, the first people who have the opportunity to experience the promise Jesus leaves behind:

Anyone who welcomes a little child like this in my name is welcoming me, and anyone who welcomes me is welcoming my Father who sent me! – Mark 9:37, The Living Bible

Are your children welcome in your home—in their home? Do you view serving them as an opportunity to serve your Lord and Savior Jesus Christ? I’m not talking about caving to every one of their childish demands; that would be foolish and inappropriate, and ultimately wouldn’t really serve your children beneficially. But listening to them, responding to them, caring for them, playing with them, interacting with them, teaching them?

Let’s welcome our own children into our lives, no matter how frustrating they sometimes are, rather than shutting them out. Let’s welcome them, our Jesus, and the Father Himself!

To review the Bible reading plan options, please visit http://tinyurl.com/yj2o7jz.



No comments: