About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Let’s Stop the Resurrection

ALL – Psalm 34:1-10
ALL – Proverbs 9:7-8
OT – Exodus 35:10-36:38
NT – Matthew 27:32-66

People. What are we thinking? Sometimes our plans can be so…futile.

We think we’re smart. We think we’re tough. We think we can tackle anything, anyone. And then we find out we’ve bitten off more than we can chew. Like when the chief priests and Pharisees tried to prevent the Creator of the world from rising from the dead.

[T]he chief priests and Pharisees went to Pilate, and told him, “Sir, that liar once said, ‘After three days I will come back to life again.’ So we request an order from you sealing the tomb until the third day, to prevent his disciples from coming and stealing his body and then telling everyone he came back to life! If that happens we’ll be worse off than we were at first.” – Matthew 27:62-64

So, how’d that go for you guys?

People never learn. Even now, people are trying to deny, disprove, and overcome Jesus. How’s that going for you?

To review the Bible reading plan options, please visit http://tinyurl.com/yj2o7jz.


No comments: