About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Jesus Christ Gave Himself for You

ALL – Psalm 31:19-24
ALL – Proverbs 8:14-26
OT – Exodus 29:1-30:10
NT – Matthew 26:14-46

I have three of the most wonderful kids in the world, and I would suffer just about anything to keep them safe, even (especially!) if they were putting their own lives in danger. But I’m not so gung-ho to protect adults who are risking their necks. They should know better! I believe I would try to help someone in real trouble, even if I didn’t know them. But I would be very careful to protect myself in the process. I think so, anyways.

Jesus came into a world full of people whose sins were leading them to the brink of death. People who should have known better—many of them, at least. And instead of protecting Himself, Jesus gave Himself to save us all, all who will trust in Him. Deliberately. On the night He was betrayed, Jesus was intent on saving us:

As they were eating, Jesus took a small loaf of bread and blessed it and broke it apart and gave it to the disciples and said, “Take it and eat it, for this is my body.” And he took a cup of wine and gave thanks for it and gave it to them and said, “Each one drink from it, for this is my blood, sealing the New Covenant. It is poured out to forgive the sins of multitudes. Mark my words—I will not drink this wine again until the day I drink it new with you in my Father’s Kingdom.” – Matthew 26:26-29

He gave Himself to save sinners. You and I are sinners. Have you received His salvation yet? If not, please do. If so, please walk in Jesus’ salvation.

To review the Bible reading plan options, please visit http://tinyurl.com/yj2o7jz.


No comments: