About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

In His Hands

2 Samuel 15:23-16:23; Psalm 119:113-128; Proverbs 16:10-11

 

When David’s own son was attacking him, there was only One person closer than family to whom David could turn: the LORD Himself. The ark of God had come out of the city with David, and the priests offered sacrifices before it until all the people had finished leaving the city. But David knew that He needed more than the ark; He needed God.

 

He said, Take the ark of God back into the city. If I find favor in the LORD’s eyes, he will bring me back and let me see it and his dwelling place again. But if he says, ‘I am not pleased with you,’ then I am ready; let him do to me whatever seems good to him. – 2 Samuel 15:25-26.

 

It would have been easy for David to associate the ark so closely with God that he wanted to keep it with him. But David’s God was much bigger than an ark. David’s God could hear him no matter how far he was from an ancient box. David’s God had more good up His sleeves than could fit in the ark. David knew that God could not be contained by the ark of the covenant. And in the end, it was the LORD that David needed, not an artifact.

 

Father, I have You. I am in Your hands. Knowing You, may I never let anything else take Your place in giving me security, hope, peace or joy. I may be separated from church walls or sanctuary spaces, but You are mine. I may be away from believing friends and family, but You are mine. I may even face such persecution that I am forcibly separated from Your written Word and from all access to brothers who would verbally remind me of Your words, but You are mine. If I have You, I have everything I need. Thank You that You are mine and, more importantly, that I am Yours. In Your hands I rest.

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, there are times when we do not have access to the Church or the Bible, but God is always with us even to the end of the age. It is at these times we learn that God is enough. Bless you.

three-quarter tank said...

Good thoughts! Thanks. "Even to the end of the age"! And then forever!