About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Monday, June 15, 2009

Fully Committed Disciples. Of a Fully Committed God

1 Kings 8; Psalm 129; Proverbs 17:1

 

Solomon’s prayer, final words:

 

Praise be to the LORD, who has given rest to his people Israel just as he promised. Not one word has failed of all the good promises he gave through his servant Moses. May the LORD our God be with us as he was with our fathers; may he never leave us nor forsake us. May he turn our hearts to him, to walk in all his ways and to keep the commands, decrees and regulations he gave our fathers. And may these words of mine, which I have prayed before the LORD, be near to the LORD our God day and night, that he may uphold the cause of his servant and the cause of his people Israel according to each day's need, so that all the peoples of the earth may know that the LORD is God and that there is no other. But your hearts must be fully committed to the LORD our God, to live by his decrees and obey his commands, as at this time. – 1 Kings 8:56-61

 

Father, I can still say Amen to this prayer. Thank You for Your faithfulness to Your people. May all the world see that You are God and that there is no other. Turn our hearts to You. And thank You that we live in a time when You have turned our hearts to you so that we can be fully committed to the LORD our God, to live by Your decrees and obey Your commands. May we commit ourselves into Your hands, into the security that comes only by trusting Your words with every breath and every step.

 

*Note: To those who read this regularly or who may even rely on this email/blog to some extent for a daily devotional, I apologize for my recent inconsistency. My family has just welcomed our third child, a son. Also, we have to be out of our apartment by June 30th. But I’m still working. Praise God for Christy’s mom and her presence here to help us. But I hope to settle back into a bit better consistency for both you and myself soon. Grace and peace – Matt

 

No comments: