About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Reading - Clement of Rome I-XVIII

If you have never taken the opportunity to browse some of the wealth of materials available through the Christian Classics Ethereal Library (CCEL), you ought to enjoy some reading there now (http://www.ccel.org/). Tonight I have been reading the First Epistle to the Corinthians, written by Clement of Rome. The chapters are brief, and the points are simple.

1. There is much to be said in praise of the Corinthians.
2. The Corinthians are currently divided because of envy and rivalry.
3. The proposed resolution will come through repentance and faith lived out in many forms of obedience, especially humility before God and one another.

Our attitudes are important and impact the way we treat each other. It is easy for a while to appear to have the right attitudes, but bad attitudes will eventually show themselves through our actions and relationships.

No comments: