About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Friday, July 13, 2007

$103.00

So tonight I earned $103 at the Old Spaghetti Factory, working from 5:15 to 12:00 midnight. 6 hrs 45 minutes. A little over $15 per hour. Better than usual. Why am I writing about it? Because nights like this are the reason people are willing to work at jobs where the pay is inconsistent and depends primarily on people's gracious giving. Also, because I did not feel like I did a very good job tonight. I felt bad for my customers.

And yet they provided. That is, God provided. Through them. And it turned into one of the best nights I've ever had, earnings-wise.

Ironic. And yet another example in this life of grace, and of our inability/failures not determining our course, but God's grace ultimately weighing in as the decisive factor.

Why do we always think we're so great? Why do we think we deserve good things? Somebody remind me, please.

No comments: