About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The LORD's All-Inclusive Servant

Isaiah 48:12-50:11; Psalm 69:1-18; Proverbs 24:5-6

 

Funny. People say that Christians and their God are exclusivists. Jesus Christ, the only way? How dare we say there’s only one way?!?

 

There may be only one way, but Christians are not exclusivists. All may come. There are no class distinctions, race distinctions, or nationality distinctions. All who believe that Jesus Christ is their Lord may come and be saved, receiving eternal life. So Christians are inclusivists. We’ll include anyone, just like our God calls us to do.

 

And this inclusiveness is not merely something that is permitted. It’s encouraged! God Himself initiates inclusiveness. God is the One who first decided to send His servant beyond the boundaries of Israel’s territory and race to invite non-Jews to pledge allegiance to Him. Read what Isaiah wrote:

 

And now the LORD says--he who formed me in the womb to be his servant to bring Jacob back to him and gather Israel to himself, for I am honored in the eyes of the LORD and my God has been my strength--he says: "It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring my salvation to the ends of the earth." – Isaiah 49:5-6

 

Does that sound like an exclusivistic God? I don’t think so! He’ll accept anyone! He’ll accept you, so long as you are willing to confess that He is the one true God. Which is pretty reasonable, since He is the one and only true God. It’s simply admitting the truth.

 

Father, may people realize that Your invitation is for them, no matter what religious background they were brought up in or what culture raised them. May people realize that they can find salvation through Your Son’s life, death and resurrection. May the world stop rejecting the fact that Jesus Christ is Lord of all—Lord over all people on earth, whether American or Asian or African or European or Australian, whether rich or poor, whether weak or powerful, whether ruled or ruler. May people see that one day even our Presidents will bow before Your Son and call Him Lord, whether they do now or not. And may they willingly confess their rebellion and their realization that Jesus Christ is Lord while they may still confess, be pardoned, and be saved. Thank You for being inclusive enough that this is an option for us!

 

No comments: