About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Friday, September 25, 2009

The Celebrated Battle

Most of the time fights are bad, right? And most of the time we don’t think of God as a fighter or conqueror. But when He comes to vanquish evil men and save His people from every oppressor, He is coming as a fighter, a conqueror, a champion. And when that day comes, His fight won’t be bad. His fight will be good, and those who love God will celebrate His fight. We’ll cheer every blow He lands on His enemies.

 

Every stroke the LORD lays on them

    with his punishing rod

  will be to the music of tambourines and harps,

    as he fights them in battle with the blows of his arm. – Isaiah 30:32

 

Father, in justice You will fight Your enemies—our enemies. Help me to wait patiently for that day, seeking to be a man of peace until then, extending Your offer of peace to Your enemies. But when they frustrate me, when they hurt me, when they harm me and mock me and oppress the people I love, may I remember that You are not a weak God. One day You are coming, and You will fight, and Your fighting will be just and right and good. And You will win.

 

No comments: