About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Saturday, September 1, 2007

Hebrew Study

One of the issues making this semester interesting is my study of Hebrew. Hebrew is often a part of seminary life. However, very few students study Hebrew on their own. But I need to. Why? Because the program I am in does not include Elementary Hebrew. I studied Hebrew in college, but I have mostly forgotten it. So I have to study Hebrew on my own to be prepared for Intermediate Hebrew in the next semester or two.

 

I am really enjoying it! I set up a schedule for myself, and – believe it or not – I’m following it! I bought an elementary Hebrew grammar and its accompanying workbook, and I am understanding Hebrew far better than I ever did before. We’ll see whether this continues, but it’s looking good so far.

 

No comments: