About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Monday, September 17, 2007

Opportunities for Evil - Prevented

Mark 14:1-2

 

Yes, this is pretty obvious. But isn’t it amazing how the high priests and scribes were seeking to kill Jesus? These are the moral leaders. And they’re seeking to seize Him by treachery. They’re seeking to protect themselves by avoiding a mob. All these desires are working in their hearts, but they can’t figure out what to do until Judas steps up and offers to betray Jesus (Mark 14:10-11). The only thing that prevented them from following through on their evil intentions any earlier was the lack of opportunity.

 

It just makes me wonder how much evil God has prevented me from doing simply by not giving me the opportunity for it. Add yourself to that thought. And then add the rest of the world in. Suddenly, I’m realizing that the world could be a lot worse, as evil as it is. God has restrained us from ourselves so often. He is good.

 

No comments: