About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Farewell

We've had Katie, Christy's sister, living with us throughout the summer. She's been intending to go to Brazil... studying Portuguese, contacting missionaries, working to save money. But she's been here all summer. She's helped us watch the kids and given Christy and me opportunities to go on dates more frequently. She's turned us (Christy, therefore us) into vegetarians. Thank goodness desserts aren't made of meat. She's made it easier for Christy and me to exercise, staying home with the kids while one or both of us is out. She's watched kids on a regular basis for our Community Group. She's done a lot this summer. And it's been really good.

And now she's heading to Egypt. Cairo. With the pyramids and everything. She'll be teaching English. She's really excited. And we're excited for her. But she has stayed long enough now that it feels like she's supposed to be here. So we're really going to miss her. I haven't mentioned her a lot in my blogging, but I want to take the opportunity right now to let everyone who reads this blog (so far, not many) know that she's been great, she deserves tons of thanks, she's made our lives less stressful, and we're going to miss her.

No comments: