About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Seminary starts up again

This week seminary started again. I have three regular classes (OT Theology, Adv Church History, Intro to Missions) that I'll be attending throughout the semester. I also need to hold myself accountable for accomplishing my Graduate Research Seminar tasks. And I also am holding myself accountable to re-learn Hebrew on my own, using a book/workbook combination that I bought while I was still in GA. We'll see how it goes.

Sadly, I feel really pressured by school. I enjoy school, but part of the reason I haven't written a new blog in a while is the pressure I feel. But God has given me a new sense of grace, too. I don't expect much grace from the professors in terms of grading; their job is to assign a grade I deserve. But if I do worse than I ought to - or than I feel I ought to - in any of my classes, God isn't through with me. He's seeking to grow me in daily contentment, helping me to make people's needs a higher priority than completed assignments. Obviously, there's a balance. He's given me a job to do as I attend seminary, and I intend to do my best. But the assignment God has given me is not only seminary. It's life. It's marriage and family, church, service, neighborliness, part-time work ... and seminary. And it's living all these things out in godliness. It's so easy to think I'm here for seminary. But God reminds me of a bigger picture. And there's a lot of grace in that picture. I can't be perfect. But God is growing me and loving me in the process.

No comments: