About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Better than Angels

ALL – Psalm 102:1-28
ALL – Proverbs 26:21-22
OT – Lamentations 2:20-3:66
NT – Hebrews 1:1-14

Interesting passage for the day: And did God ever say to an angel, as he does to his Son, “Sit here beside me in honor until I crush all your enemies beneath your feet”? – Hebrews 1:13, The Living Bible

Thought: So much for the Jehovah’s Witnesses teaching that Jesus is the angel Michael, right?

Angels are amazing. They’re showing up in comics, TV, and film. Our culture is fascinated with the concept of powerful, supernatural beings that walk among us.

But angels are not Jesus, and Jesus is no angel. Jesus is the Son of God. And angels are His servants—His servants and, because of His love for us, ours.

So when we’re looking for hope, let’s look where we should. Let’s look to Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

Question: Where do you turn for hope? How does your source of hope compare to the hope that the Son of God provides?

To review the Bible reading plan options, please visit http://tinyurl.com/yj2o7jz.



No comments: