About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Saturday, November 28, 2009

For Yourselves and For the Aliens

Ezekiel 47-48; Psalm 119:89-120; Proverbs 28:19-20

I’m an alien. I admit it.

No, not an outer-space alien (though my citizenship is in heaven). An earthly alien. A foreigner to Israel. A Gentile.

Yet these words of promise and hope shine out to me from the midst of Ezekiel’s description of the new Israel, restored and revived by God:

"You are to distribute this land among yourselves according to the tribes of Israel. You are to allot it as an inheritance for yourselves and for the aliens who have settled among you and who have children. You are to consider them as native-born Israelites; along with you they are to be allotted an inheritance among the tribes of Israel. In whatever tribe the alien settles, there you are to give him his inheritance,” declares the LORD. – Ezekiel 47:21-23

God’s promises to Israel include even aliens—Gentiles, like me. Praise the LORD!

Father, thank You for including Gentiles in Your rejuvenated kingdom!


No comments: