About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Being Punished

Lamentations 2:20-3:66; Psalm 102; Proverbs 26:21-22

Is it not from the mouth of the Most High that both calamities and good things come? Why should any living man complain when punished for his sins? – Lamentations 3:38-39

We tend to think pretty highly of ourselves. The Scriptures give us an honest reminder that we’re not such great people, that we deserve punishment. Why is it that we are amazed when God punishes us? Shouldn’t we be amazed when God is patient with us?

Father, thank You for Your patience. Help me to accept any calamities that come my way as simple justice, and to rejoice and celebrate Your kindness every day that things go well for me.

No comments: