About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Monday, April 27, 2009

Have it Your Way!

Judges 1:1-2:9; Psalms 90 and 91; Proverbs 13:24-25

 

It’s been said that one of the worst things God could ever say to us is, “Have it your way!” Why? Because He is good and we are not. He is strong and we are weak. He is sinless and we are sinful. He is heavenly and we are hellish at heart.

 

Can you imagine being the Israelites and hearing God say something like this? Yet you have disobeyed me. Why have you done this? Now therefore I tell you that I will not drive them out before you; they will be thorns in your sides and their gods will be a snare to you. – Judges 2:2b-3

 

The Israelites had not obeyed God and completely eradicated the people of Canaan. They had made covenants that allowed the Canaanites to live, albeit as slaves. So God was going to let the Israelites have it their way: the Canaanites would survive.

 

So what? So the Canaanites would lead the Israelites away from the one true God. “Their gods will be a snare to you.” With God is life. Apart from God only death and destruction remain. The Israelites had chosen death. And God would let them have it their way.

 

Father, be merciful to us. Be patient with us. Provide a way out of the ways we have chosen. Provide a path to life!... Thank You for providing a Way to life through Jesus Christ’s willing and loving death in our place, and then also through His resurrection to life. I am excited to join Him in that resurrection of new life! Please, Father, bring the whole world from their way of death to Your Way of Life!

 

No comments: