About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Monday, April 20, 2009

Follow the Feisty Veteran!

Joshua 13-14; Psalm 85; Proverbs 13:7-8

 

At age 40, he was a spy. He had now outlived all of his brothers-in-arms. But… he had finally made it through the battles he anticipated fighting 45 years earlier. And at age 85, Caleb wanted at least one more fight:

 

“Now then, just as the LORD promised, he has kept me alive for forty-five years since the time he said this to Moses, while Israel moved about in the desert. So here I am today, eighty-five years old! I am still as strong today as the day Moses sent me out; I'm just as vigorous to go out to battle now as I was then. Now give me this hill country that the LORD promised me that day. You yourself heard then that the Anakites were there and their cities were large and fortified, but, the LORD helping me, I will drive them out just as he said.” – Joshua 14:10-12

 

Wow.

 

Here I am, almost 28 years old, and even the thought of opening up my mouth to tell people about Jesus can be intimidating. But the LORD was Caleb’s battle cry! He was willing not only to proclaim that the LORD is the only God, but to fight for Him and trust Him for the physical victory!

 

Christians! Let’s follow Caleb in faith! We have a battle to fight, and our enemy is not flesh and blood, but the rulers, authorities, and powers of this dark world and the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms (Ephesians 6:12)! But we have a victory ahead that is even more certain than Caleb’s, because Jesus Christ already won the victory when He triumphed over these powers and authorities on the cross (Colossians 2:15)!

 

Is your spiritual armor ready? Let’s go!

 

Father, fill me full of Your words and the confidence that You will accomplish every last thing You have promised so that I walk through this world, shrouded in darkness, on a path that is illuminated more brightly than the brightest noonday beams. With my trust completely in You, may my whole body jump to the alert, ready to charge into battle. May my eyes see clearly, my mouth be bold, my hands be steady, my heart be courageous, and my feet be poised for action in the spiritual battle You have set before me and my brothers. May I walk through battle with Caleb’s confidence, no matter how old I grow. You are my inheritance, so every battle clash is worthwhile!

 

No comments: