About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

John 14:12-14

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go to the Father."And whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son."If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.

 

Notes:

1)      The one who believes in Jesus

a.       Shall do the works Christ does

b.      Shall do greater works than these (the works done so far)

                                                              i.      Why? How? Because Christ is going to the Father

2)      Christ will do the works

a.       The works that we ask in His name

b.      So that the Father may be glorified through Christ

c.       Reaffirmation: If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.

 

We just saw that Christ is in the Father and the Father is in Christ because Jesus speaks God’s words and does God’s works, and this is how Jesus can claim that those who know Him know the Father. In the same way, those who believe in Christ will do Christ’s works (which are the Father’s works), though the ultimate source of the works will be Christ and, through Him, the Father. The works done by those who believe in Christ will be the Father’s works, so that as we ask in Christ’s name, the works we do will glorify the Father. So long as we’re asking in Christ’s name (asking for things, in other words, that will bring glory to God), Christ will do it.

 

Father, help me to believe this. And to understand it fully, so that I actually ask for things that will bring You glory. Too often I have asked for things that I think would be amazing and that would demonstrate Your glory, but haven’t really asked for things in order to glorify You. But may I live this way, speaking Christ’s words and doing Christ’s works – which are Your words and Your works – so that You may be glorified through me, through Christ. May my life proclaim Your glory.

 

No comments: