About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

John 7:1-9

The Jews in Judea were trying to kill Jesus, so He was staying away from there. But when the time came for the Feast of Tabernacles, Jesus' brothers urged Him to go to Judea. They basically said, "Aren't you trying to become famous? Then why are you hiding?"

 

It makes you wonder how Jesus was perceived. He is the Holy Son of God, and everything He does is perfectly righteous. Yet His brothers seemed to think He was uppity, holier-than-thou, self-seeking.

 

I know that my heart is not as pure as Jesus' heart. I must constantly examine my motives and choices. But at the same time, walking in Jesus' steps is going to lead to misunderstanding sometimes. Jesus had to put up with the misunderstanding patiently and lovingly. Father, when I feel misunderstood, help me to respond the same way. But help me also to evaluate my heart honestly before You and to find out whether I need to repent of anything.

 

No comments: