About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Friday, December 7, 2007

Christmas Party

Our Community Group had a Christmas Party last night! We began with a huge meal, and pretty much everyone contributed. We had chicken, stuffing, cranberry something or other, broccoli-cheese casserole, rolls, sweet potatoes with marshmallows, punch, mashed potatoes (in abundance), probably something else I’m forgetting, pecan pie, and pumpkin pie! I think everyone was satisfied after that meal!

 

Following the meal, we had a gift exchange for our kids. They were really cute. Some were showing off the presents they received. One or two thought that this was actually Christmas, and were disappointed that there weren’t more gifts! We had to reassure them that this was just a Christmas Party and that Christmas was still coming with lots of gifts. Then we sent the kids into another room to do crafts and decorate cookies – with supervision of course.

 

We had our own gift exchange. Actually, we had two. First was a Secret Santa gift exchange. But the Santas ended up not being secret, because we let people guess who had given them the gifts. Then we had a white elephant gift exchange. There were some great gifts – like a plastic flower, a shoe-shaped planter, and some blazing-pink pants.

 

We ended the evening with games, and people eventually drifted off. But that’s our Community Group – a great group to party with!

No comments: