About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Saturday, June 23, 2007

5:03 am

Well, it's one of those nights. Not a bad night. But a night, nonetheless, when I find myself awake quite a bit earlier than I would have chosen to be awake.

Michael's awake. He woke up to eat at about 4 am, and then he wouldn't go back to sleep. Not that he's upset. He's been very easy for me to take care of. He's just... awake. And now he has the hiccups.

Emma woke up for a little while, too. She was letting out some shrieks (the spelling of shrieks doesn't look quite right at this time in the morning, by the way) every now and then, so I put Michael down in his swing and went in to check on her. She seemed very alert, and immediately asked for water. We had a nice little talk, with Emma saying "Daddy" about 10 times in a row, then talking about mommy and cereal for a little while before we hugged and she went back to sleep. It was the best hug ever.

Some days, I guess it's worth being up at 5:03 am.

No comments: