About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Trust That’s Real

ALL – Psalm 105:16-36
ALL – Proverbs 14:26-27
OT – Ruth 2:1-4:22
NT – John 4:43-54

Interesting passage for the day: Then Jesus told him, “Go back home. Your son is healed!” And the man believed Jesus and started home. – John 4:50, The Living Bible

Thought: If my son was dying, I wouldn’t rest until the doctor had seen him. I wouldn’t be satisfied until my son had been treated, until his condition had stabilized, until I could see that the doctor actually was saving his life. The story of this man is amazing! He left his son at home and went to call for Jesus’ help. And when Jesus didn’t say, “Sure, I’m on my way,” this man didn’t complain. When Jesus said, “Go back home. Your son is healed,” this man didn’t question Him. This man believed Jesus. And how do we know that he believed Jesus? He simply went back home. He obeyed, even though he had not yet seen the truth of Jesus’ words. He believed Jesus was trustworthy, and he obeyed.

Question:
How quickly do we obey Jesus? How often do we procrastinate until we’ve made sure we’ll be taken care of, rather than just trusting Him?

To review the Bible reading plan options, please visit http://tinyurl.com/yj2o7jz.



No comments: