About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Friday, May 28, 2010

Knowing is Living

ALL – Psalm 119:81-95
ALL – Proverbs 16:6-7
OT – 2 Samuel 13:1-39
NT – John 17:1-26

Interesting passage for the day: And this is the way to have eternal life—by knowing you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth! – John 17:3, The Living Bible

Thought: Sometimes it seems weird to think that life comes by knowing the only true God and His Son Jesus Christ. I’m not sure why it seems weird; perhaps it’s because we get so used to thinking that we can live without God. We think our life is real living, and we feel as though we’re getting along pretty well without God. But we forget the truth. Life has always come from God, and only from God.

How did life start? God created us. When did death enter the world? After humanity rejected a pure relationship with God and sinned against Him. In His grace, God has continued to create men and women, giving us all the common grace of life on this earth, and has created a new possibility of eternal life for us all through Jesus’ death and resurrection. We can be created anew to live forever by knowing Him! When you stop to think about it, it really makes sense. God gives life, and life can only be found with Him.

Question: How much do you care about your life? Is that reflected in an overwhelming love for God and a desire to know Him better each day?

To review the Bible reading plan options, please visit http://tinyurl.com/yj2o7jz.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm fairly certain I have an overwhelming love for God and a desire to know Him better, but the problem is I carry on a relationship with Him like I do the folks I know on earth...I keep it to a minimum. Is that because I'm afraid of being hurt again; that it's safer to keep to myself? Why on earth would I consider that in my relationship with God?

three-quarter tank said...

Good questions. I don't know about you, but sometimes my relationship with God hurts. It's definitely tempting to set it aside. As gentle and loving as God is, He's the only one who can point out my faults without ever being at fault Himself. So it can definitely FEEL safer to keep to myself, especially if I lose sight of God's long-term plans for me. What else can scare us about a relationship with God?