About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Know God’s Will by Doing God’s Will

ALL – Psalm 108:1-13
ALL – Proverbs 15:4
OT – 1 Samuel 12:1-13:23
NT – John 7:1-30

Interesting passage for the day: If any of you really determines to do God’s will, then you will certainly know whether my teaching is from God or is merely my own. – John 7:17, The Living Bible

Thought: We like to think we’re pretty smart. We can figure things out. We are pretty sure we can even use our intellect to figure out what God’s will is. Now don’t get me wrong—intellect is involved. We can definitely use our brains as we hear people make claims about what God’s will is. But we cannot confirm what God’s will is merely by thinking and reasoning. God sent Jesus to teach us His will, and Jesus taught us God’s will so that we can live by it. Until we live out what we’ve been taught, we haven’t really “discovered” God’s will. We’ve just talked about it. It’s like the difference between doing accounting in a classroom and in a business. In the classroom, it only affects a grade; in a business, you’re living and benefiting from what you’ve been taught. Let’s not be classroom disciples. Let’s get down to business, doing the will of God as Jesus teaches us.

Question: Is there any decision you’re trying to make, but you’re not sure what God’s will is? What are the options? Why do you think they might be God’s will? What’s keeping you from choosing one of the options and getting down to business?

To review the Bible reading plan options, please visit http://tinyurl.com/yj2o7jz.



No comments: