About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Bucket List

ALL – Psalm 59:1-17
ALL – Proverbs 11:14
OT – Numbers 24:1-25:18
NT – Luke 2:1-35

The concept of a bucket list is a fun one. It admits that death is coming, but insists on living life fully in the meantime. What do you want to do before you kick the bucket? What experiences would qualify for your list? What do you want to be remembered for? What will make your life meaningful and worthwhile?

For a man named Simeon, the answer was, “I want to see Jesus.” In fact, God had promised him that he would not die before he saw the Messiah. So one day, as an old man in the temple courts, the Holy Spirit directed Simeon toward a young couple, Mary and Joseph, who were carrying a baby in their arms.

“Lord,” he said, “now I can die content! For I have seen him as you promised me I would. I have seen the Savior you have given to the world. He is the Light that will shine upon the nations, and he will be the glory of your people Israel!” – Luke 2:29-31, The Living Bible

“Now I can die content.” Jesus was Simeon’s bucket list. For Simeon, a worthwhile life was a life that knew God’s Savior was here, a life lived in the knowledge that God is fulfilling His promises, a life that sees God’s glory in the face of God’s Son. Simeon saw Jesus, and the words that burst from his lips were, “Lord, now I can die content.”

Can you say that? Have you met Jesus? Have you realized that He is God’s Messiah, the Savior of the world? Have you understood that, because Jesus has come, you can die content? That you can die knowing that salvation is coming, salvation even from death itself? That with Jesus, your sins are forgiven and you are now safe, secure in the arms of the Savior? What’s your bucket list? Is it to know this Jesus and make Him known?

To review the Bible reading plan options, please visit
http://tinyurl.com/yj2o7jz.


No comments: