About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I Laugh in the Face of Danger

ALL – Psalm 45:1-17
ALL – Proverbs 10:22
OT – Leviticus 25:47-27:13
NT – Mark 10:32-52

Do you laugh in the face of danger? Or at least, can you look into the eyes of danger and calmly step forward, knowing the pain that you will definitely experience and choosing to go through it fearlessly? Jesus did. And Christians should. As Jesus headed toward Jerusalem with His disciples, He said:

They will mock me and spit on me and flog me with their whips and kill me; but after three days I will come back to life again. – Mark 10:34, The Living Bible

Jesus sounds so matter of fact. He knows what’s coming. Yet His disciples aren’t giving Him a pep talk; Jesus is leading them to Jerusalem.

How could Jesus do this? Here’s how. “For the joy set before Him” (Hebrews 12:2). He knew He would rise again. And He knew that He would enable us to join Him in rising from the dead.

So what about us? Do we really believe we’ll rise from the dead? Our unwillingness to boldly and courageously stand for the gospel and for our King might say otherwise. Do we look at danger and flee? Or do we walk through danger, gladly and vibrantly carrying the gospel in our hearts and mouths, knowing that on the other side of the cross is the resurrection? Let’s trust in God’s power to raise the dead; let’s carry the gospel into the face of danger.

What makes you fear sharing the gospel? Are you willing to trust Jesus with it and move forward anyway?

To review the Bible reading plan options, please visit
http://tinyurl.com/yj2o7jz.


No comments: