About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Monday, December 28, 2009

What Have We Done?

Zechariah 12-13; Psalm 147; Proverbs 31:1-7

How long has it been since you thought about the effects your actions have on others? And I’m not just talking about all the little consequences that play into the lives of our families and neighbors—though those matter, too.

But how long has it been since you’ve thought about the fact that your sins against God pierced the Lord Jesus Christ?

Do you care about Jesus? Do you love Him? Do you believe He loves you? Created you? Gave you life? Gave you food? Gave you breath? Do you believe He has only ever done good to you?

If Jesus is worth knowing at all, then it ought to matter to us how our decisions impact Him. And the painful truth is that we’ve pierced Him by our sins. If we love Him at all, at least, this truth should be painful. As people realize who Jesus is and what they have done, they will mourn:

And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.
– Zechariah 12:10, NIV

Does your heart mourn over what you’ve done against Jesus?



No comments: