About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Neglecting God

Haggai; Psalm 140; Proverbs 30:17

Is it a time for you yourselves to be living in your paneled houses, while this house remains a ruin? – Haggai 1:4

We know from what God said to David back in 1 Chronicles 17 that God was not really all that concerned to have “better housing” than His people. But that did not mean God wanted His people to neglect Him. By neglecting His house, the Israelites were now showing a lack of concern for God Himself. In their hearts they were putting themselves first.

God cares about our hearts, and our earthly efforts demonstrate whether our hearts are concerned about His glory or our own. What would the evidence in your life show right now? Is your heart filled to overflowing with the glory of God?



No comments: