About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Shepherd of Peace

Micah 5-7; Psalm 136; Proverbs 30:7-9

He will stand and shepherd his flock in the strength of the LORD, in the majesty of the name of the LORD his God. And they will live securely, for then his greatness will reach to the ends of the earth.

And he will be their peace.
– Micah 5:4-5

Peace is not found outside of Jesus, and it is certainly not found in opposition to Jesus. But Jesus Himself, for those who put their faith in Him and follow Him as their shepherd, is our peace.

I’ve found peace in Jesus. Peace with God. And peace with everyone who accepts Jesus as God, as Creator, as Ruler, as Savior. Do I want peace with others? Yes. But not at the cost of losing Jesus and the peace that comes through Him. So I invite others to join me in this peace. And if they don’t? I still want peace with them. But the condition for lasting peace is Jesus. May the whole world turn to Him.

How has Jesus brought peace into your life?




No comments: