About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Friday, July 17, 2009

Make Known Among the Nations What God Has Done

1 Chronicles 15:1-16:36; Psalm 10:1-15; Proverbs 19:6-7

 

When David led the Israelites in bringing the ark of God up to Jerusalem, he wrote a special psalm for the occasion. The opening lines portray an ideal – the ideal heart of the people of God.

 

Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done. – 1 Chronicles 16:8

 

The LORD is too great a God to be honored by just one people, by just one nation. He must be known and honored by all!

 

For all the gods of the nations are idols, but the LORD made the heavens. – 1 Chronicles 16:26

 

He is the only true God – the God of all the earth, because He made all the earth! As His people, we ought not to jealously claim that He is our God alone. He is the God of everyone, and our heart should be the same as the heart expressed in David’s psalm (which ended up being Psalm 105):

 

Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad; let them say among the nations, “The LORD reigns!” – 1 Chronicles 16:31

 

Father, may all people everywhere see how good, how powerful, how wise, how loving, how just, how patient, how wealthy, how worthy You are. May I do everything in my power to live the joyful life that comes from having You as my God. May my hands be eager and strong for my work. May my eyes and mouth reflect the delight of being in Your care. May I speak clearly and gladly, letting everyone I encounter know that You are my God and that You have met my every need.

 

No comments: