About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Monday, May 11, 2009

A Man Who Lives Life to the Full

Ruth 2-4; Psalm 105:16-36; Proverbs 14:26-27

 

Guys (girls, too, but especially you guys): Do you live life hard? Do you set worthy goals? Do you chase them down, get things done?

 

Boaz did. Then Naomi said, "Wait, my daughter, until you find out what happens. For the man will not rest until the matter is settled today." – Ruth 3:18

 

And he didn’t rest. He tracked down the man he needed to track down, made sure there were witnesses to their discussion, and forced a conclusion to the question, Who will function as kinsman-redeemer for Naomi’s daughter-in-law Ruth? He wanted to marry her. But still he honored another man’s prior right to claim her. He did not sneak around. He did not pause or stop. He decided to pursue Ruth, and he worked his tail off until he had achieved the right to marry her.

 

In the book of Ruth, Boaz is portrayed as a man who is more than just decisive and persistent. He is kind, honorable, alert, and fair. He loves the Lord and notices even foreigners who honor his God. In other words, Boaz was the kind of man was so righteous that he could afford to live life to the full. No matter how hard he worked, no matter what decision he made, he was the kind of man who would be deciding and working toward something that pleased the Lord. With the Lord’s blessing, he had no reason to hold back.

 

Father, may I live life so fully for You that I, too, walk and even run forward with confidence. When I make decisions, I want to be so focused on pleasing You that I am excited about pursuing the goals I choose—because I know that the goals I have chosen fall well within Your will. You are good. Thank You for showing us how a righteous man call live life to the full.

 

No comments: