About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Promise Keeps Coming. Through Isaac: Genesis 24:52-26:16; Psalm 10:1-15; Proverbs 3:7-8

Father Abraham

Had many sons

And many sons had Father Abraham

I am one of them

And so are you

So let’s just praise the Lord

 

After reading this passage in Genesis, it’s clear that Abraham did have many sons! Not just through Sarah. Not just through Hagar. But through another wife, too – Keturah. And there may have been more sons from other women, depending on whether the word concubines in verse 6 refers to Hagar and Keturah, or whether they were actually considered to be wives. So Father Abraham had many sons.

 

And he cared for them. He gave gifts to “the sons of his concubines” while he was still living, to help care for them.

 

But when he died, everything went to Isaac. Everything. Isaac was the son of the promise. The other sons were sent away from Isaac because Isaac was the heir – of Abraham’s wealth, herds, flocks, servants… and of God’s promise.

 

Father, thank You for Your promises. Thank You that the promises You gave Abraham did not end when he died. Thank You that they carried forward, that they could be inherited. Thank You that I am now an heir of Your promises. You are good. So good! Thank You for Jesus Christ!

 

No comments: