About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Got Your Weapon?

ALL – Psalm 94:1-23
ALL – Proverbs 14:3-4
OT – Judges 4:1-5:31
NT – Luke 22:35-53

Interesting passage for the day: “But now,” he said, “take a duffle bag if you have one, and your money. And if you don’t have a sword, better sell your clothes and buy one! For the time has come for this prophecy about me to come true: ‘He will be condemned as a criminal!’ Yes, everything written about me by the prophets will come true.” – Luke 22:36-37, The Living Bible

Thought: Apparently the world’s hatred toward Jesus’ followers means that they need to prepare for ministry and provisions without expecting any kindness from the people they encounter. But the sword…It sounds almost like Jesus wants His followers to be prepared to defend themselves, which seems out of character.

Question: How do you reconcile Jesus’ encouragement to His followers to pack swords with the walk Jesus was about to take to the cross?

To review the Bible reading plan options, please visit http://tinyurl.com/yj2o7jz.



No comments: